OpenEMR's Billing and Batch Payments modules are structured so their workflows may be performed separately, in any order.
Billing and Batch Payments functions are restricted to the Administrator user and any others with the 'Accounting' ACL access permission.
You do NOT need to be logged into the Patient you're doing the billing work on.
- Navigation menu: Fees > Billing: reports the claims from fee sheets that are ready to be corrected and billed.
- Navigation menu: Fees > Batch Payments
- 'New Payments' tab: Log in an EOB / payment on patients' accounts may allocate funds to Patient's accounts at that time or later
- 'Search Payment' tab: find payments ready to be allocated, and allocate them
- 'ERA Posting' tab: process an incoming ERA file.